Last updated January 3rd, 2021:
- Information we collect
- How we use Personal Information about you
- When we share Personal Information about you
- How we protect Personal Information about you
- Storage, access and deletion of your Personal Information
- Links to third-party websites
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Information
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Information you provide. When using our Services you may choose to give us personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”) in the following ways:
- First, Last Name and email address in the event you sign up for an account.
- Phone number in the event you give it to us or a listed Service Provider to contact you.
- Payment information for the Services should you choose to sign up for a paid plan.
- Your responses to any surveys, questionnaires, or feedback should you choose to participate.
- If you are a Service Provider and sign up, claim or update your profile, we may also collect Personal Information.
2.2 Information we obtain automatically. We automatically collect information about you and how you use our Services, including Personal Information, during your interactions with our Services. This information is as follows:
- Aggregate Information: As is true of most other websites, we may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Site and Services, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they click on. This information represents a generic overview of our users, including their collective viewing habits, and allows us and other third parties to modify information, products and services based on user traffic and behavior. We collect this information through the use of technologies such as ‘cookies’ which are discussed in greater detail in Section 8. We collect this information in order to help enhance the Site and Services to make for a better visitor experience.
- Interactions with Third Party Links: We may keep track of how you interact with links across the Services, including user interaction with third-party services and applications through the redirecting of clicks or through other means. For example, we may track if you click on a link to get information about a Service Provider. We may share this information with third-parties but only in an aggregated and anonymized form.
2.3 Information from other sources. We also collect information including Personal Information about you and your use of the Services from other sources such as:
- Third-party Vendors: We may supplement information you provide to us with information from other sources, such as information to validate or update your address, verify your profile information or payment card. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to enable us to fulfill our products and services, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services and offers that may be of interest, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission.
3. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
How we use your information:
- Providing, personalizing and improving the Services provided to you.
- Contacting you as part of customer support.
- To send you updates or information about the Services.
- Managing your account and relationship with the Services and improving your experience when you use them.
- Improving the Services through research, surveying, and engaging with you, for example, by sending you communications for these purposes.
- Marketing and promotion of the Services.
- Processing payments.
- Preventing and detecting fraud.
- Creating reports, analysis or similar services for the purposes of our research and our business development.
- Debug and repair errors in our Services in order to maintain and improve the quality and security of our Services.
4. WHEN WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACL may share your Personal Information with:
Vendors, Data Processors and Related Third Parties. We may establish a business relationship with other businesses that we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Vendors”). For example, we may contract with Vendors to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions and to process payments and purchases authorized by you. We only provide our Vendors with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Vendor must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Vendors are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
For Legal Process and Protection. We may disclose Personal Information to third parties involved in legal process or protection matters, including government authorities, where we believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary, including:
- To comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or to respond to lawful requests or legal process.
- To enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for Products and Services (including disclosure to collection agencies to obtain payment for our Products and Services).
- To protect the rights, interests, property, or safety of ACL and our affiliates, agents, service providers, customers, and others.
- In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation.
- To protect users of our Services and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such Services, and other fraudulent activity.
- In an emergency.
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use a variety of commercially reasonable security measures designed to protect your Personal Information against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use while it is under our control.
6. STORAGE, ACCESS AND DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access and Deletion: You may request access to the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you and you can ask us to delete your Personal Information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to the foregoing, please note there may be some cases where we do not delete Personal Information as permitted by applicable law, for example, Personal Information that is necessary for a legal defense. Additionally, we may not delete Personal Information that you include in User Content that you contribute to the ACL community, for instance we may not delete information that you post on our messages boards and reviews. As such, you should not input User Content that contains personally identifiable information as set forth in our Terms of Service. If you request that we delete your Personal Information, certain Services may no longer be available to you or may be affected in other ways including the deletion of your user account. ACL shall not be liable to you or any person for the deletion or failure to store any Personal Information arising from the account holder’s decision to terminate their account or otherwise.
Verification of Your Identity: For your protection—to prevent unauthorized access to data and ensure that you are the person who is making the request—we must verify your identity before we can fulfill your request for access or deletion. You will receive verification options via email after a submitted request for data access or deletion. Failure to provide suitable verification documentation will result in the request being denied. Once your identity is verified your request will be fulfilled within 7 to 45 days.
7. LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES’ WEBSITES
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
ACL does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use the Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has used the Services of ACL, please contact us, and we will take steps to delete that information from our databases and servers.
11. WHO TO CONTACT FOR DATA AND PRIVACY INQUIRIES AND REQUESTS